HOFOR procures certified sustainable wood pellets and wood chips for use as fuel in the Amager CHP Plant.
Procurement tender announcements and other procurement related information will be posted here.
For clarification: Please read requirements below.
For tendering: Please use the form below.
- Wood Chips
- Wood Pellets
- Pellets from agricultural residues
NB! Biomass must not be produced from tertiary or contaminated feedstock.
HOFOR contact for questions or clarifications on biomass assortment and quality:
Morten Algreen Nielsen:
- Wood Chips: See Wood Chips Quality Specification
- Wood Pellets:
See Wood Pellets quality Specification
- Pellets from agricultural residues:
Please by request deliver a representative sample of the product (5 kg) for initial test together with a written description of the product.
Samples can be delivered at:
HOFOR, Ørestads Boulevard 35, 2300 København S, Denmark.
- Wood Chips:
Minimum volumes per shipment: minimum 2.500 metric tonnes.
- Wood Pellets:
Minimum per delivery: minimum 5.000 metric tonnes.
- HOFOR only accepts SBP-compliant biomass. See sbp-cert.org
- HOFOR may demand additional sustainability certification and/or CSR audits depending on country of harvest and/or country of production of the biomass
HOFOR contact for questions or clarifications on biomass sustainability:
Sune Balle Hansen:
- By ship to Amagerværket, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- By default, FOB.
We always welcome inquiries related to fuel procurement, freight and sustainability:
Lise Lund Larsen
Sune Balle Hansen